Sunday, August 9, 2009

Between Wyomings

This book was very unique in several ways. Ken Mansfield is a very accomplished record producer. To follow the journey of his life, through both the secular and Christian world, was quite incredible. His candidness and honesty were refreshing and his sense of humor and creativity gave it an entertaining side.

However, not being familiar with a lot of the artists he worked with, I found it somewhat difficult to stay “involved” with the book. I felt like it was perhaps too detailed about scenarios, situations, incidents, etc. that I couldn’t appreciate perhaps as much as someone with a greater knowledge of these artists and music. So, for these reasons it took me a while to get through the book, but overall it was an encouraging read. My favorite part of the book was the end where he tied together the lessons of his life and how he felt the 4 persons of his life (representing the different eras of his life) all merged together through God’s work in his life. I appreciated his’sharing the lessons of his life journey through the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment